Daily Devotion April 15

April 15: Philippians 1:9-11

KJV Key Verse: Philippians 1:11
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Devotion:
Do you ask someone if you can pray for them? Do you tell someone when you have been praying for them? Questions we don’t always think about even though we are told in many of the letters Paul wrote about the people and circumstances he was praying for; he wrote to them and told them they were in his prayers to encourage them into continuing their ministry. I know I am greatly encouraged when I hear about someone praying for the work that we do!

I know I pray for strength and wisdom for other children’s workers around me. I don’t do that to spread the peace but to make sure they can have the wherewithal to do God’s work because I know He gives me that support as well. I do this because I really do love the people God has placed around me who join in the work we do for God. To me there is nothing more encouraging than knowing someone thinks so much for you that they pray for you!

I cannot do everything. I am no super-hero. I fall very short of the mark when it comes to what can be done. But I know that when people pray for me, God gives me what I need to work for Him and bring Him glory. Christ is the righteous one who can do all things and does do all things right, we just try to be more like Him each day.

If you love someone you will be more willing to do good things for them or to lift them up in prayer. When Jesus told us to love each other it was not just so we get along and not fight, it was so that we would lift each other up in prayers, encourage each other, be there for each other and do all things together for God’s glory! Get to know the scriptures, not so you can judge others or blame them but so you can love them properly as you carry out Christ’s Righteous ways for each other.

Points to Ponder:
Do you love others?

Do you love Christ?

Comments

Popular Posts