Reading your Bible for today October 6

October 6: Galatians 4:8-16

KJV Key Verse: Galatians 4:14
14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected ; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.

Devotion:
Can you remember the time before you trusted Christ? Can you remember what you used to get up to? Or maybe you had a time where you simply did things the wrong way after you trusted Christ as Saviour...

I can remember getting up to all sorts of things. I can remember times where I would try to deceive or defraud people and even thinking about how good I was at doing things wrong! By looking back at times like that I can visualise how I was controlled by the bad things in life. I can look back and know that I was rotten on the inside... But, I can also look back in the not so distant past and see when I have done things the wrong way. I can see what I have done wrong. I can see the temptations I have given in to – because I was too weak to put up a fight and because I did not ask for help... it seemed like I would not need help at the time!

We are so lucky we live in a time where God has forgiven our sins. We are so lucky we do not have to pay for those sins. We are all in the same boat – don't ever think you are the only weak one who gives in to things that are not good. Don't ever think you are alone in this world. But there is also no need to dwell on the things we have done. Christ has said He will separate us as far as the East is from the West from those sins, so put them behind and move on knowing they have no more hold on you!

Jesus is always with us. He promised to leave the Holy Spirit with us for as long as we live on earth. The Holy Spirit cannot do any evil. The Holy Spirit cannot tempt us. The Holy Spirit CAN protect us and guide us because our sins have already been washed away.

Points to Ponder:
Do you marvel at how modern detergent washes so well?

God’s power and mercy go deeper than we can imagine!

Comments

Popular Posts