Reading your Bible for today November 4

November 4: Isaiah 1:16-20

KJV Key Verse: Isaiah 1:18
18 Come now , and let us reason together , saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Devotion:
Have you ever been caught in the act of doing something really bad – I know each of you will have a different definition of what is bad – but how did it make you feel? I can remember being caught doing something bad and the whole world seemed to disappear except for the person that caught me! I felt like I was totally defenceless and there was nowhere to hide from this person. Then the realisation of exactly what I was doing started to hit me and the feeling of guilt was tremendous. That feeling of guilt had initially been hidden by an excitement for doing wrong.

It was only after I had faced my captor that I realised how I had affected others in my life, how I had let down so many people... And a few years later I realised how much I had let God down too. I had allowed myself to be totally tempted by the evil one, had given in to his will and finally delivered from it when I was caught.

Once we do realise just what we are doing wrong we do face the truth square on and have to turn away from the evil we have done. If we are truly repentant, we will turn away from that and never look back. These words remind us God is willing to forgive us no matter what we have done wrong!

Nobody else in this world is worthy enough to accuse you of anything, but Christ stands there as our judge and allows us to see what we are doing wrong by getting others involved in uncovering what we do. Christ sees it happening to us as it does. We just take a while before we realise that we are doing something wrong. That is then the time to beg for His forgiveness and then make it right with others too.

Points to Ponder:
Do you believe in capital punishment?

We are all facing it!

Comments

Popular Posts