Reading your Bible for today December 22

December 22: John 15:21-25

KJV Key Verse: John 15:22
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

Devotion:

How many time have you ever continued to do something many times before someone else pointed out you have actually got it wrong! I can remember being at my grandparents house trying to get a set of headphones to work. They were large and blocked out almost every noise outside. I fiddled around for some time but could only get one side to work, eventually I twiddled one knob and found that if I turned it right up high I could hear in both ears... Within a few seconds my grandmother came running up to me waving her hands over her head; when I took off the 'phones I realised I could hear it because I had turned the volume of the main speaks up so loud that I'm sure the whole block could hear my music!

I would have been blissfully unaware that I was doing anything wrong until that point when someone told me I was! But the fact I was doing something without knowing does not excuse me from the fact I was doing it wrong! If I had continued to do it wrong I would have ended up damaging more than just my ears!

Without God's Word, people do not always know they are doing wrong. They continue to learn from others who are also doing it wrong. The cycle of sin continues to go deeper and deeper into people until someone shouts out about what is right and wrong! We have laws in this country to prevent things from getting out of hand. They are designed to allow people to live together within this country. We have God's laws in our lives to tell us how we should be living to fit in with God's requirements.

Have you seen how many people say they hate the police; just because they tell them the law! People also hate others who try to uphold that law; just because it shows them they are doing things wrong and will have to change their lives! It is the same with God's Law too, many people will hate God because of His Law. People will hold that against us as we try to uphold God's Law – just because it shows them shortcomings in their own lives. It will not be until the day of judgement that many will realise they have had it wrong all their lives.

Points to Ponder:
What laws do you not like in your life?

God’s laws point us toward perfection.

Comments

Popular Posts