Journal for today January 21

Make sure your past insights are easy to find.

God's word, the insights and wisdom you had learned should be easily retrievable, Part 2.

Prov 4:20-22 AMP My son, attend to my words; consent and submit to my sayings. Let them not depart from your sight; keep them in the center of your heart. For they are life to those who find them, healing and health to all their flesh. Before, my struggle is to easily find Bible cross-references, commentaries, topics in dictionaries and encyclopedias. The PDA has been my greatest tool yet that answered these problems because it is inconvenient for me to turn on and use my desktop computer for Bible study. I want the convenience of my bedroom. But as my insights notes grew, the paper records have to be converted to electronic form for easy retrieval. Today, I am not keeping my notes in paper form anymore but I still do not have a convenient method of retrieval because of the limitation of the PDA in terms of memory and speed (I used compiled HTML). Now the cases where I need to know the details about my previous insights in a certain topic is becoming frequent. When a cheaper and better tablet netbook becomes available, the problem will be solved. However, there is another incremental solution: use a web-based system hosted by my notebook which is normally opened during my devotions and use my PDA as a client so that the actual search is done by a more powerful machine. But I need to evaluate and pray for the system as well as the organization to use.
Follow

Comments

Popular Posts