Reading your Bible for today January 20

January 20: Psalm 36:5-9

KJV Key Verse: Psalm 36:7
7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Devotion:
We could try to talk to people about how wonderful and faithful our God is; we could talk until we are blue in the face, but until others get to experience just how wonderful, loving and kind our God is, they will continue to wonder why we can trust in someone or something they cannot get to grips with!

No matter where we get to in our lives we can be touched by God. He continues to love us no matter where we are in our lives and no matter how far we get away from Him. There is no mountain which is too big for God to get over and no valley which is too deep for God to reach into to touch us and our lives. God balances the lives of men and of animals in this world which He has given us charge over.

I have no problem with putting all my trust and faith in God even when those close to me do not; I know those same people will have excuses to not do the same, I know they will have their own reasons to say God does not care for them but that does not stop me from continuing to love God openly. He has done so much for me and yet people around me do not see things the same way as I do. I know I can shelter under His wings but I also know others will run off to find other shelter instead. Can I help them? Yes. I continue to show my faithfulness to my Lord and God hoping they will begin to see and understand my relationship with God.

I wish I could switch on a big search light for some people so they could see the faithfulness and love of my God and Saviour. I continue to trust in Him and I continue to lift Him up so others can get a glimpse of His love for me. Don’t be put off by the gloom and doom in the world around you – rather try to spread God’s light through your life instead!

Points to Ponder:
How many people love you?

Do you know how much more God loves you?

Comments

Popular Posts