Reading your Bible for today February 4

February 4: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

KJV Key Verse: 2 Corinthians 6:14
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Devotion:
Have you ever taken a step back in your life to look at yourself? I think it would be a real eye opener if we were able to stand next to ourselves for a whole day, to be able to watch the things we get up to without thinking! One of the weaknesses we have as humans is we often give in to the will of the group. More often than not we will not stand up for what is right, but will go with what the majority has to say at the time. I know, because I have been there many a time!

We seem to think we are invincible or something! We join a group of people thinking that we are going to show them all how to do things the right way, and before you can blink, you have fallen in line with the rest of them. And it is just so easy to do. We do it without thinking. We do it all the time. What God wants us to do is to stand up for what is right. Stand up in His name and be counted!

Satan's temptations are going to be more than we can bear unless we are around other Christians and able to stand up to those temptations as a group. Fighting the good fight in numbers will get you somewhere. Fighting the good fight by yourself may look heroic, but it is not wise! I look back on my life and I am staggered at how easy it was to wander away from Christ. I look back and see how many people I got mixed up with that were not Christians. I look back and marvel at how the Lord was able to keep me from sinking... I don't know how He did it, but by doing so He has shown me He has much in store for me yet!

I look back at the friends I had at the time and see just how much trouble I got into by being with them, especially during my school days. What we need to do is to look forward to what God has in store for us, going forward hand in hand with other Christians. It may not be an easy ride but by sticking together we can make it more bearable.

Points to Ponder:
How many of your friends are Christians?

How many of your friends know you are a Christian?

Follow
Like

Comments

Popular Posts