Reading your Bible for today June 1

June 1: Psalm 118:5-9

KJV Key Verse: Psalm 118:8 
8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Devotion:
I don’t know about you but I have definitely called out to the Lord in distress on many occasions; only to find out how much He can and does do for you when you need Him most of all. I know there have been times when I have thought He has abandoned me and times when I have been sure He has ignored me; but when I look back on those times I see a pattern emerging. Those are the times when I did not actually need Him. Yes, I wanted Him, but I did not need Him to fix the unfixable.

God is all powerful and His knowledge and wisdom go so much beyond what we can think about that we lose track of just what we do need as opposed to what we want. Our Lord God is watching over us every step of the way and continues to lift us when we need it, steady us when we falter and lift us up when we begin to drown.

Jesus did not leave Peter to sink in the sea but told him to trust and obey. When Peter put aside the earthly ways and fully trusted Christ, he was able to walk on the water, but that first glimmer of doubt made the world come flooding back in. Jesus wants us to see His ways are far beyond the worlds ways and He will continue to work to His limits and not the limits of the world.

No matter how much we trust in people and have faith in others, there will always be times when they let you down or simply cannot fulfil the task required to lift us up. But God continues to work far beyond our imaginations and the ways of the world. I thank Him He is willing and able to work with me! I continue to look back on the special occasions when He has been able to work with me in my lost state. I thank Him for saving me and for being able to lift me out of the pit when I have all but flung myself into it!

Points to Ponder:
Do you doubt because others cannot do things?

Will you trust Him with the unthinkable?

Comments

Popular Posts