Reading your Bible for Today March 4

March 4: Hebrews 10:23-25

KJV Key Verse: Hebrews 10:25
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Devotion:
It is somewhat amusing to see the reasons why people say they are or are not going to church. I browsed through quite a few before thinking about what to write today. I go to church so I can learn more about God and to encourage others to do so. Yes, I could stay at home and do my own studying, but I only seem to be able to get so much out of my own reading. I know I do get a lot because looking back at when I first started these daily devotions I used some verses then that I used recently, but talking about different ideas. God’s Word is just so wonderful in being able to explain so much to us that it would be a shame to miss out on even more explanations.

Going to church and listening to someone who has made it their life's work to find out as much as they can about God’s Word so they can bring it to you, explaining even more than you ever thought possible sometimes, is very fulfilling. Hebrews 4:12 gives us “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”. No matter where we hear God’s Word, it will work in our lives. God gave us His Word so we can find out more and prepare ourselves as well as getting others to believe.

We need to hold fast to His Word without thinking whether it really applies or not; why else would He have given us His Word? We need to share it with each other so that others too can find that love we share with Him. And not forgetting the church as well, the body of believers who meet regularly, encouraging each other to continue in His Word so that we all can remain faithful. He has. He is. He will. He has promised it so and we need to remember that!

Points to Ponder:
Do friends last forever?

Christ is a friend who will last longer than any other... Show Him you care.

Comments

Popular Posts