Reading your Bible for Today June 4

June 4: Proverbs 22:24-25

KJV Key Verse: Proverbs 22:24
24 Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go:

Devotion:
Would you go out and walk across a beam of a skyscraper which is being constructed without a safety rope? Or even with a safety rope! I know I would have enough fear inside of me to make sure I would not venture out where I could see directly below me without ultimate safety! I may enjoy being able to fly in a light aeroplane, I may enjoy the views from a sky scraper; but unless I am certain that I am safe, I gain a healthy respect for height very quickly! Height is not the only thing we gain a respect for in life; things like fire or even sharp objects are there in the forefront of our minds as well.

But how many of us think about the things which may be able to harm us spiritually? How many of us think about the things in our lives which will draw us away from God, from our Protector, from our Guide, from our position of safety? Far too often in our lives we look at a situation and think that it poses no physical threat so we go forward knowing we may have fun or we will get a kick out of it; but giving no thought as to how it will affect our relationship with Christ.

One of the things which can trip us up without us even realising it is a very strong spirited person. That type of person will push their personality around, imposing their ways and views on everyone they meet. They will be dynamic and may even look like they are in control. They will be encouraging, promising much, taking little... so you give a little... and a little more, and before you know it you are caught up in their sales pitch and are running with them... away from God.

It is so easy to allow yourself to be drawn in by a furious person – one who is rushing around looking good, exciting, successful... but without God. We may think we are strong and can turn them round, but it will be like us trying to stop a rampaging bull by ourselves!

Points to Ponder:
Do you always walk in danger every day?

Why ignore God when He wants to protect you?

Comments

Popular Posts