Reading your Bible for today March 21

March 21: Proverbs 30:32-33

KJV Key Verse: Proverbs 30:33
33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.

Devotion:
If you are like me, then I’m sure you would have been in a few situations where you have said that you would do something out of anger and then regretted saying so. I’m not talking about saying things in response to what is said to you, but rather in saying something after you have built yourself up into a false position. When I was younger I would talk myself up into positions I knew I did not hold just so that I would look good. Then when the time came for me to prove I was what I said I was, things fell apart!

It is still a part of our human nature to take on a mantle which does not rightfully belong to us – some would say this is the way to move forward in life… But how can you move forward on a lie? Yes, we can say what our abilities are and what we believe we can do but elevating yourself into a false position is just a plain lie. We may simply lift ourselves up in thought and not in deed; but according to God, that is one and the same thing. We each know our position. We know whether we are kings or queens. We know whether we are government officials. We know whether we are directors. We know whether we are employees. We know where we are. Making yourself more important than you actually are will have its side effects… But, equally, don’t play yourself down!

Have you ever tried whisking cream to thicken it? If you whisk a bit too much it very quickly turns from thick cream to butter! Yet if you try the same with the wrong sort of cream, it will take a very long time to being to thicken – more often than not we will end up throwing it out because “it doesn’t work”… If we try and keep up any pretence in our lives, as that pretence is tried it will go one of two ways. Either we get found out as not being who we said and we get thrown out, or we will get pushed further than we think and we turn into something we don’t need! Don’t give yourself a false label, live up to what you actually are… A child of God.

Points to Ponder:
Are you living a life that you are not?

Are you living up to what God made you?

Comments

Popular Posts