Reading your Bible for today January 29

January 29: Luke 15:8-10

KJV Key Verse: Luke 15:10
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth .

Devotion:
I would love to know exactly what Jesus was talking about in this parable because whatever these coins were they were quite valuable; losing one was worth spending time looking for it rather than forgetting because you still have 9 others. Speaking to other people about the things they care for is quite enlightening; you find out how some people are so focused on the material things in their lives, how others are focused on the sentimental things and others on the spiritual things.

No matter which way you look at this, spending time looking for something that is of great value to you just seems normal. This is how God sees us. We are of great value to Him, not just because we are very complex mammals which He created but because we have the ability to love Him just as He loves us. I thank Him daily for loving me but I am amazed at how He can love me when I have the ability to do so much wrong in my life.

Have you ever ‘lost’ your keys or your glasses? Sometimes I have been late for work or for an appointment because I put my glasses down in a safe place and no matter how much I try to look for them I don’t think of looking in that safe place… until I spot them in a silly place where I would not normally put them! But God is not like that with us. He may be compared to the woman in this parable and we may be compared to the coin but He does not have to search everywhere for us; He has His eyes on us at all times!

We may feel like we are lost and that He is having to search for us, but in reality He already knows, we just have lost sight of Him. We are not lost by Him; we are just lost in our own eyes and as seen by our own eyes. We are worth a whole lot more than any coin and even any bird as Jesus also told the disciples when in the market place. We are very valuable to Him and He continues to search for us because of His love for us. That is just amazing for me!

Points to Ponder:
What do you value in life?

Do you know your worth to God?

Follow
Like

Comments

Popular Posts