Reading your Bible for Today August 20

Saturday Reading: 1 Corinthians 15:52

KJV Key Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:52
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound , and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed .

Devotion:
If you get to read this, then you will know that things have changed in this world already because I have not been able to update my daily devotions. This is set to automatically publish itself about one week after I stop publish daily devotions... So one of many things could have happened, but you can count on me being a very happy man if my Lord and my Saviour has taken me to be home with Him!

I should never want anyone to morn my passing other than to know that I shall be missed. Whilst God continued to give me strength, wisdom and opportunity to bring you these devotions, I have done so. I have tried to bring you what I believe God wanted me to say. Often what has been said has been difficult to write because I know that God is telling me what to do in many cases rather than just me giving you His Word. But I have tried over the years of bringing you devotions so that you may live for God and want to live with Him.

He is my Saviour. He is my Lord. He is your Saviour and Lord as well. Just because I am not here to give you are small bit of His Word, does not mean that you should stop reading His Word. In fact, if this devotion ever gets to you, I want you to sit down and read your bible in the morning and in the evening because that is how I have been given His guidance for many years – through His Word. Why morning and evening? Because we have a special way in which we bottle up our feelings and allow them to eat at our hearts. Being able to start the day with God and to end the day with God will allow you to remain in focus with Him for a whole lot more of your day and even your sleep at night.

I love my Lord first of all and I have loved the privilege of taking what He has given me and sharing it with the world. For many years I have been writing devotions, but it has only been since I published them online and through an Android app that I have been able to encourage so many more people. That has given me a greater insight into God’s ways of fulfilling our needs by seeing just How He uses us and our skills to reach out to others. I pray that someone will continue with these devotions when I am gone.

In the words of the great Fanny Crosby: “To God be the Glory, great things He has done…”
Every yours

Comments

Popular Posts